Public speaking or speech-making is one of the many things that is most commonly feared tasks as it requires to stand up in front of strange people trying to convince them to make a purchase if you are in the marketing arena, or simply adding something to their knowledge in a given area.Actually, there are many factors involved in determining the amount of success you receive out of performing such task. Looking comfortable, confident and relaxed are among these factors, though its a bit hard to achieve theses characteristics at the podium, but its always possible with an on-going rehearsal. The following are down-to-earth and easy-to-implement techniques that can maximize your potential to an incredibly public speaking performance:
1) Devote some time to understand the nature of your audience. what make them want to attend and listen to whatever you have to say, what are their expectations, hopes and the result that they reap out of their attendance. It should not escape your notice the importance of learning about their background about the subject matter so as to eliminate all what they know for times sake.
2) When you first stand be sure that you are projecting high self-confidence and relaxation. Connect with the audience with strong eye contact and a genuine smile, now start talk in a strong manner.
3) I cannot stress enough the importance of eye contact and its magical influence upon the audience and the way they respond and listen to you as well as their feeling of being a part of the performance and the success you are building.
4) Make certain that the listeners are attentive that the speech is coming to an end, this could be achieved through changing your voice to a minimal level, this will enable the audience to notice that you are making your last statement. this is of course very important unless you wish to be faced by a period of silence once you finish your speech.
5) And dont forget to add the miraculous word at the end of the speech Thank you